A super simple one-pot dinner that's low calorie, low carb, paleo, gluten-free and takes just 10 minutes to make. This will be your go-to weeknight dinner! Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 zucchini, cut into noodle-shape strands
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add turkey breast, green pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, ground black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until turkey is lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir marinara sauce and baby spinach into the turkey mixture; cook and stir until marinara sauce is warm through, about 3 minutes.
Stir zucchini noodles into the sauce with tongs; cook and stir until the zucchini is slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
I use an organic, no salt added, low sugar marinara sauce.
To make the zucchini noodles, use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler.
301 calories; protein 34.3g 69% DV; carbohydrates 26.8g 9% DV; fat 6.1g 9% DV; cholesterol 84.8mg 28% DV; sodium 802.9mg 32% DV.
By Megan Olson